Select a Perth Family Lawyer That Cares: Family breakdowns and family law for Floreat Residents
Through many years of experience with family law in Perth and for separating Floreat families, we find that most families want to move forward with dignity, not conflict, and it is our goal to help you achieve this.
At Clairs Keeley we understand that family breakdown is confusing and stressful, as life for the family changes. Our Perth based family lawyers work hard to understand you and your family, so we can work alongside you to meet your goals. We understand that practical, holistic advice is what our clients want. That is why we collaborate with you and your advisers to achieve durable, respectful, long-term solutions for the benefit of the whole family.
Clairs Keeley Perth Family Law Areas
- Family Mediation
- Divorce – Property Settlement
- Spousal Maintenance (Partner Maintenance)
- De Facto Relationships
- Children Issues
- Custody of children
- Child Support
- Binding Financial Agreements (pre-nuptial agreements)
- Violence Restraining Orders
- Misconduct Restraining Orders
- Parenting Issues
- Dispute Resolution
- Access to children
- Visitation rights
- Family law
Divorce Lawyer Floreat
Since 1976, the only ground for divorce in Australia is that the marriage has irretrievably broken down, as proven by 12 months’ separation. Courts do not require evidence of the reasons for the breakdown of the marriage. In Western Australia, divorce applications and settlements are usually determined separately from any other application about children or financial issues.
Divorced people have 12 months to apply for property settlement or spousal maintenance for these documents to be valid. As you have a time limit it is best to consult a lawyer to help ensure all your documents are in place at the right time.
Floreat Child Arrangement Lawyers
Decisions made regarding the degree of parental responsibility taken and a child’s living situation are some of the most important decisions parents and carers make. The way adults behave towards the children, and each other, has an enormous impact on children’s lives and at the same time, shapes their relationships in the future.
If you are making decisions for children, or supporting someone who is, ask yourself:
- What will their lives be like as a consequence of this decision?
- What will the children think of my behaviour when they are adults?
- Am I making this decision for them, for me, or for someone else?
Experience tells us that children suffer when they feel they are:
- asked to choose between their parents
- responsible for the conflict in the family
- the ones who are caring for a family member who is not coping with the separation
Children take comfort in:
- being shown that they are loved
- not being involved in adult drama
- having clear, age appropriate information about what is happening and when
- being able to be a kid
- feeling safe to talk about the other parent or family positively.
We help our clients identify the kind of relationship they want with the children and with the other adults in the family, reality test the proposals and develop rules of engagement between the adults for communicating and making decisions about children. We take care to educate ourselves and our clients about modern parenting techniques and child development and will refer to our child specialist colleagues if a family needs therapeutic guidance, rather than a legal intervention.
Other Family law in Perth Services:
- Adult Child Maintenance
- Financial Agreements
- Perth’s Trusted Divorce Lawyers
- De Facto Relationships
- Spousal Maintenance
- Property Settlement
- Marital Separation
- Perth’s Trusted Child Arrangements
- Perth’s Trusted Child Support Lawyers
Perth Wills and Estate Services that we also specialise in:
If you are separating then redoing your Will is paramount. We have had situations where the separated partner receives all the assets and life insurance from the unexpected death of their ex partner. This is not what the deceased partner and their family would have wanted. Make sure you review your life assurance beneficiary’s and write a new Will when separating or divorcing.
- Challenging A Will: Estate Disputes
- Testamentary Trusts and Wills
- Enduring Power of Guardianship
- Deceased Estate Lawyers Floreat
- Superannuation Lawyers
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Guardianship & Administration for Adults
- Wills Lawyers Floreat
Clairs Keeley Lawyers are specialist Floreat Will Lawyers for Perth and WA families.
Please phone on (08) 9228 0811 or email us (Fill in the form on this page) to get quality advice.